Sunday 5 July 2009

What a Celebration


Riker baby is a total terror!!! He is in to climbing all over everything. These are the things I managed to find him climbing on today. In addition to these he climbed on the step stool in the bathroom to get to the counter. I am getting really nervous that nothing is going to be safe. He is just like my niece Harmonie and I will next find him hanging from the kitchen light fixtures!



Riker on the picnic table checking out the horses in the back yard.


I'm afraid one of these days I am going to have to tell Heath that we need a new dishwasher. I guess I am going to have to start doing the dishes when he is asleep. He knows every time I get into the washer.


Little Miss Paislee said "look mommy" and I looked over and there she was with a fork prong up each nostril. She was pretty impressed with herself.


Friday night we kicked off the 4th of July weekend with dinner at the high school. It was a yummy roast dinner with plenty of food. This is Dave and Linda, our kids adopted grandparents. They are our next door neighbors but our so good to us that we consider them family.



This is Mollie's baby Ellie and I at the dinner.


Mollie got the task of sitting next to the girls at dinner. What a lucky lady!


Mom and Riker baby.


Little Hunter eating his ice cream on a wooden spoon.


We then went to the auction (I think my favorite part of all the celebrations) I bargained for myself and purchased a beautiful western pic of a old worn boot in a old wood barn frame. I love it and am going to have Heath hang it tomorrow. Mollie purchased herself a little blue heeler puppy that Aaron was not happy about, but it all worked out. They sold it to his brother and now everyone is happy :)


We then listened to Merrill Osmond and watched fireworks. They were incredible. It is the 150th year celebration for the Gunnison Valley and they went all out. We had a lot of fun.










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fabulous weekend! Although it was like pulling teeth to get Big A down to your house, I know the big guy had a ton of fun...well, except when I made my little purchase! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete